Sunday, August 26, 2012

in the Capital

This is one of the first few photographs I've took since we moved in this city from Dubai. It is beautiful in it's own way as it is also the largest Emirate in the UAE and it is the Capital. The mix of culture can still be a bit of shock for some but you can tell how the local government are trying so hard to preserve their roots. It is nowhere near the boldness of Dubai. It is not as flaunting. Yes, you can say it is the modest city I've ever been into considering all the richness it has. It is a good thing. It is an admirable thing. We have been so blessed being here and with the opportunities that have been given to us here, all I can say is that it is more than enough when I think about all those who have none. It has been 3 years, but out in the streets it still doesn't feel home. It is only home when Pao comes home from work. It is only home when my Impatient Girl wakes me up in the morning to play. It is only home when the three of us are together. I know we should lay down roots to wherever we are as it is what God has laid in front of us. He does have a purpose for us being here even if sometimes it seems unclear. So we keep trying. Laying down roots. But for now, home is still where my heart is.












No comments:

Post a Comment